Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Got a Problem?

As I sing the old, old hymns, which I love to do, I’m often struck by how the “human condition” hasn’t changed very much through the centuries. For example, in the song Tell It to Jesus, which was written by Edmund S. Lorenz in 1876, the writer asks questions that are still relevant to you and me today:
  • Are you weary?Are you heavy-hearted?
  • Are you grieving over joys departed?
  • Do the tears flow down your cheeks unbidden?
  • Have you sins that to men’s eyes are hidden?
  • Do you fear the gath’ring clouds of sorrow?
  • Are you anxious what shall be tomorrow?
  • Are you troubled at the thought of dying?
  • For Christ’s coming kingdom are you sighing?


Amazing, isn’t it, how current those questions are? Amazing, too, that the solution is also the same: Tell it to Jesus. In other words, talk to Him about whatever is heavy upon your heart and mind. He will understand. He will help you with whatever issues you’re facing.
~~~~~~~~

I sought the LORD,
and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
And their faces shall never be ashamed.

~David (Psalm 34:4-5, ESV)

No comments: