Friday, July 10, 2015

Feed His Sheep

While visiting a friend, I was privileged to hold
a three-week-old lamb.
What a special experience!
While reading some writings of Charles H. Spurgeon, I came across this sentence: "May our Lord Jesus accept my service for His sheep and lambs."


The moment I read it, I realized that Spurgeon's prayer was also that of my heart! 


Whether my service is writing, lending a helping hand, sharing a word of Scripture at an opportune time, forgiving someone, praying for others, cooking, cleaning, keeping the laundry done, etc., I do pray that the Lord will accept my service (every act of kindness) done to and/or for His sheep and lambs--and, ultimately, unto Him.


*****
Know that the LORD Himself is God; 
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; 
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Psalm 100:3, NASB


*****
Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love Me?"
Peter answered, "Lord, You know all things; 
You know that I love You."
Jesus replied, "Feed [Tend, Care for] My sheep."
John 21:17






No comments: