Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fading Fast


The lovely flowers a friend sent to me almost two weeks ago are fading fast, though I have cared properly for them. Come to think of it, I'm fading fast, too. I don't realize it so much until I look at photographs of myself that were taken years ago. And then I think, "O my goodness! I looked young then, but now I look so OLD."

As I see how the aging process is taking such a toll despite all my efforts to maintain health (and youthfulness!), I repeat this request David made: "LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered--how fleeting life is" (Psalm 39:4, New Living Translation).

After also recalling a quote I've heard many times through the years, I looked for it on the Internet and found out that it's part of a poem written by C. T. Studd:

Only one life, 'twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Dear Reader, may you and I daily seek to do His will rather than our own. May we love others, as He has loved us. If so, the rest of our lives (however much time we have left) can be the best of our lives!





No comments: