Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Greatest Truth


John 3:16 and following

An outstanding Bible scholar was asked, "What is the greatest truth you've discovered in all of your years of studying the Bible?"

Without a moment's hesitation, he said, "Jesus loves me; this I know. For the Bible tells me so."

Indeed! The Bible is filled with assurances that we are loved more than we can imagine. For example, in John 3:16, Jesus affirms the great love He and His Father have for us:
For God so loved the world, 
that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, 
but have eternal life.

In John 14:21, Jesus gives yet another affirmation of His love and God's love: 
He who has My commandments and keeps them, 
he it is who loves Me; 
and he who loves Me 
shall be loved by My Father, 
and I will love him, 
and will disclose [reveal, manifest] Myself to him.
John 14:21

No comments: