Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Let the Light In


I felt my way around the foot of the bed and then across the room to open the plantation shutters so that light could enter the unfamiliar dark bedroom where I'd slept. As I noticed how easily and quickly the light flowed in, I thought about how even a little bit of light made a huge difference in my ability to see where I was and to move around safely. The light was available. All I had to do was let it in!

I also thought about how much better life is for you, Dear Reader, and me, when we open our minds and hearts to the light of truth. Regrettably, all too often we stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the truth and/or let it permeate our lives. We foolishly try to make sense of our life, of our world, while stumbling around in the darkness, without the benefit (and the blessing) of the light that is given to everyone who believes in Jesus. How different our lives would be if only we'd turn to Him and experience the truth of what He said centuries ago: "I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness" (John 12:46, NASB). His light is always available. All we have to do is let it in!



No comments: