Monday, July 31, 2017

Unlimited Power

Shoshone Falls (212 feet high) near Twin Falls, Idaho
While reading the July 19, 2017, issue of Our Daily Bread, I found this quote, which really spoke to me:
Never measure 
God's unlimited power
by 
your limited expectations.

As I reflected on those words, I recalled Ephesians 3:20, one of my favorite Bible verses, which I'd memorized many years ago. 
Now to Him 
who is able to do 
far more abundantly 
beyond all that we ask or think, 
according to the power 
that works within us
(NASB)

As I reflected on those familiar words, I decided to look up that verse in the new Bible (The VOICE) a dear friend had given me for my birthday a few weeks prior.
(20) Now to the God 
who can do so many awe-inspiring things, 
immeasurable things, 
things greater than 
we ever could ask or imagine 
through the power at work in us, 
(21) to Him be all glory in the church 
and in Jesus the Anointed 
from this generation to the next, 
forever and ever. 
Amen.

Any way you say it, our God is mighty! Praise Him!



No comments: