Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Led By a Strong Hand

Every time I read another  devotional by Amy Carmichael, I say, "Oh, this is my favorite one!" Then when I read the next one and the next one, I say, "Oh, this is my favorite one." 

One of my favorites is  found on pp. 15-17 in I Come Quietly to Meet You: An Intimate Journey in God's Presence.

At the beginning of that devotional, Amy talks about how God causes His word, like a strong hand, to reach out and take firm hold of us, leading into a deeper understanding of the truth and a fuller application of it to our lives.

As I reflected on that, I remembered a photo I'd  taken years ago. It's one of my favorites! It shows my husband having a firm, yet gentle, grasp of our grandson's hand. Michael (age 8) has willingly placed his hand in "Pop's" hand, eager to go wherever Pop wants to take him. Because of the great love they share, Pop would never lead him down harmful paths. Michael knows that. Therefore, he has no fear, no resistance, to being held in the grasp of Pop's hand.

Prayer: O Loving Father, may I be even more willing to place my hand in Yours and to eagerly go with You wherever You lead and to obediently do whatever You say.

No comments: