Thursday, February 15, 2018

Live a Life of Love

While attending a memorial service, I noticed that all the people who came to the microphone to share a memory of the lady who had passed away talked about how she had expressed love to them. From a preschool child to a grandmother--and all ages in between--came story after story of something sweet and kind she had done for each of them. The ways she expressed her love varied as much as the people and their ages. I concluded that love and warmth and kindness and gentleness and joy had flowed right out of her and onto everyone nearby.

I had known her only a few months; but even in that short time, I, too, had felt her love. I had seen it in her eyes, in her body language, and in her actions. I had heard it in her voice. Yes, her love was genuine. Her love was freely shared with everyone, even with new friends and strangers.

During the memorial service, I thought, I want to show great love to all around me. Whatever else people remember about me, I want to be sure to speak and act in such a way that the main thing they will remember about me is that I lived a life of love.


As I reflected on that, I felt inspired to create a graphic that depicts a woman filled with great love that continually flows from her. After several hours of designing, here's one of the graphics I created. I hope it encourages you to live a life of love! If so, feel free to share it.

💗💗💗

Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.
~Jesus
(John 13:34-35)

No comments: