Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Song of Praise


I made this collage while learning how to use new (FREE!) software I downloaded. As I worked, I thought about the words in Folliott S. Pierpoint's song For the Beauty of the Earth, which was published in 1864. 

For the beauty of the earth, 
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth, 
Over and around us lies:
Christ our God to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
Amen.

Since those ancient words express the thoughts of MY heart whenever I see beauty all around me, I often personalize them in this way and use them as a prayer:

For the beauty of the earth, 
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from my birth, 
Over and around me lies:
Christ my God to thee I raise
This my hymn of grateful praise. 
Amen.

No comments: