Monday, October 19, 2015

Give Voice

When I sat down at my computer one morning, eager to write blog posts based on verses I’d just finished reading in Psalm 145, an e-mail I’d received from Instagram was still open. So, I took a few minutes to quickly scroll through the list of new posts (one from each person I follow on Instagram). I admired the creative pictures, inspirational words, humor, insights, wisdom, etc. they’d posted.

As I read Ann Voskamp’s post, I marveled (again!) at her ability to express so beautifully deep truths about God and about the insights He gives to her regarding how to live a life that joyously reflects who God is and how knowing Him (and thanking Him!) enables a person to have joy no matter how difficult life’s circumstances.

But as I read her words, I despaired of being able to write anything deep and beautiful. I was tempted to walk away from the message God had given me to share with those of you who visit my blog. Immediately, some words to the old song There Is a Balm in Gilead wafted through my mind like wispy clouds on a windy day and encouraged me to write about what God had given to me to share.

With renewed resolve, I said to God:
I will extol [praise, exalt, commend] You,
my God and King,
and bless Your name
forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You
and praise Your name…
for great are You, O LORD, 
and greatly to be praised… 
(See Psalm 145:1-3)

I will gladly and joyfully use my “voice,” 
which You have given me, 
to praise You.


No comments: