Thursday, July 7, 2016

Carry On!

After I’d e-mailed some friends a link to the site where I’d posted the photos I’d taken recently at Callaway Gardens, one who had also photographed there that day, replied, saying, “Very nice pictures. I was disappointed that some of my butterflies had ragged wings. I see that happened to you, too.”




Although I’m awed by perfection, I was not disappointed at the sight of the ragged wings. Rather, I was inspired by the butterflies that were living life as fully as possible despite whatever trauma(s) they had endured; and I saw such incredible beauty in the parts that remained. Thus, I am delighted to display the photos I took of such courageous winged creatures and will continue to be grateful for the reminder to “carry on,” no matter what.

No comments: