Monday, June 25, 2018

Going in Circles?


I feel as if I've been going in the same circles again and again, especially in regard to writing. Since 1984 I've followed the same general format for the inspirational columns I've written for newspapers, magazines, and my blog. If you've read my writings through the years, you've noticed I usually begin each piece with an experience or with an idea I picked up somewhere. As I reflect on that, I recall a verse of Scripture that speaks to that topic. Sometimes, the reverse process happens. I read something in the Bible that rivets my attention. As I reflect on that, I recall an experience or a quote, etc. that goes along with it. So, I write those "reflections."

In order to become a better writer, I've honed my writing skills and experimented with word count and so forth. Even with those slight variations, I'm feeling the urge to do something a bit different--at least for a while. Because of that "stirring," I am trying my hand at writing short short stories. I also love writing poems, though I know next to nothing about the "rules" for writing poetry. Occasionally, I may post one of my straight-from-the-heart poems. Therefore...you may see changes on this blog. 

You can be a HUGE help to me if you'll take time to leave a comment (or send me an email) to let me know how you feel about the changes. As always, if you like what you read/see, please share the link with your family and friends. Thank you!

However, the biggest help you can give is to pray that I will be open to whatever direction God wants me to take. After all, He's the One who called me to write. He's the One who equips me. Thus, I write in obedience to Him. As always, the promise I return to again and again as I seek His will is found in Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.




No comments: