Friday, September 7, 2018

Not by Chance

For the most part, I agree with what Saint Augustine said. However, I take issue with one word he used. I believe accidents should be changed to divine appointments. That small change is HUGE, isn't it?

As I reflect on my life, I marvel at the people God brings into my life--not by chance, as some would say, or by accident, as Saint Augustine said. I believe God uses time and place and circumstances to bring them into my life. Otherwise, it seems to me, I would not meet them during the normal course of my life. 

Since I believe God puts people in my life for a reason, I should pay close attention to them. I should ask, “What does God want me to learn from them? Has He sent them to bless me? Has He sent them so I could bless them? Or both?" 

No comments: