Tuesday, April 2, 2019

He Will Be There!

Sometimes something comes along that seems more than we can bear. At such times, I find comfort, as I pray you do, in this promise God made to His children centuries ago:
1Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. 2When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you. 5Do not be afraid for I am with you (Isaiah 43:1-5, NLT).

As I read those precious promises again and again, especially when circumstances seem so overwhelming, I thank God that He is with me and that He will bring me through the difficulty. 

As I continue to reflect on God's presence and power, this quote my sweet mama shared with me so many times pops into my mind and comforts me, too: 



Note: You may also like this similar post I wrote in 2015: https://johnniegaskill.blogspot.com/2015/02/this-is-my-doing.html

No comments: