Wednesday, August 28, 2024

He's Working!

As I read the text that popped up on the screen of my phone, my eyes filled with happy tears. I re-read the message just to be sure I'd read it correctly. Then I replied to the sender, saying, "That reminds me of these words in the song Waymaker: "Even when I don't see it, He's working."

Indeed, God had been working behind the scenes in a certain situation to change what appeared to be a definite "NO" to a resounding "YES". To say we were shocked is an understatement. 

You see, the sender had been informed that a door of opportunity had been closed. Yet, suddenly--and with no effort on her part--the door swung open. Since she had kept her hands off the matter and had accepted the "NO," we realized that the reversal had to be a "God thing."

How grateful we are for that awesome change of circumstance, as well as for every other evidence that He is working day by day in our lives. In fact, as the song says, "He never stops working." 

As I reflect on that, these words to an old song come to mind: "Oh, for grace to trust Him more."

No comments: