Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Prepared Feast

Dear Reader, I’m thrilled to share with you the following quote, which I've paraphrased slightly. I found it in the April 13th devotional in The Listening Heart by Judy Gordon Morrow. (Note: For each devotional, she writes the words she senses Jesus saying to her.)

Spending time with Me is like enjoying a banquet of My love. When you set apart time to be with Me, to feast on My love, then I will fill you up with everything you need: My love, My joy, My peace, My hope, My patience. You will be filled with Me and My attributes. You will see the results of this time with Me in your daily lives. For example, peace will replace anger, hope will replace despair, joy will replace anguish...

As I thought about those words, I recalled these words in the chorus of the old song, Come and Dine, written by Charles B. Widmeyer in 1906:

 “Come and dine,” the Master calleth, “Come and dine;”
You may feast at Jesus’ table all the time;
He Who fed the multitude, turned the water into wine,
To the hungry calleth now, “Come and dine.”


These two writers discovered, as countless others have, that the Bible is a veritable feast for anyone who accepts the gracious invitation to partake of it--as often as we want to!


No comments: