Tuesday, June 30, 2015

With God's Help

Sometimes I feel so inadequate, especially when I look at the long list of things I need to do or whenever a task seems too difficult. And when I think about how well others appear to be doing with their tasks, I feel even more inadequate—and less inclined to do whatever is before me.


That's what’s been happening to me in recent days. Since I’ve felt inadequate to write anything that others will find meaningful, I’ve kinda given up on writing anything, despite the fact that I know with absolute certainty God has called me to write messages about His love (and comfort and encouragement and…) and share them with fellow pilgrims along life’s journey. Instead of writing, I’ve been reading the writings of authors, who, in my opinion, are far more effective than I am. Thus, I’ve let my feelings of inadequacy paralyze me.  
But today, as I listened to an on-line Bible study led by Bob Dowie, he seemed to be speaking directly to me when he said, “Whatever gift God gives you, He will give you the grace to use it.”

So, after confessing my sin of disobedience to the call of God upon my life and asking Him to help me be faithful and effective in His service, I sat down and began writing these words in the hope that they will encourage you, Dear Reader, to do whatever God has called you to do and/or to face whatever difficulty He’s set before you, knowing that God will give you (and me!) whatever we need to accomplish His purposes.

I can do all things 
through him 
who strengthens me.

~The Apostle Paul in Philippians 4:13, ESV

No comments: