Wednesday, February 18, 2015

He Holds My Hand!

Each time, I’m in situations where someone needs a steadying hand, the person invariably reaches for my hand, even though I can better steady her and keep her from falling if she’d let me hold onto her. But since hand-holding makes her feel more secure (than it actually is), we hold hands until we reach a place where she feels at ease.

My husband holds our youngest grandson's hand. I took the photo
and applied the special effects.
Whenever young children feel insecure or frightened, they instinctively reach for the hand of a loving, adult. There’s just something very reassuring when we place our hand inside a hand that’s stronger and more capable of protecting us. 

Lovers hold hands, too, relishing the feelings created by the warmth of closeness and other pleasant emotions.

Knowing how special hand-holding is, I like to read the many verses in the Bible that remind me that God is holding my hand, that He most certainly can be trusted to love me and protect me, just as He did those to whom the original assurance was made. One of my “go-to” verses is Isaiah 41:13 (ESV). I turn there often and “listen” to God say to me:
For I, the LORD your God,
Hold your right hand;
It is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”


Wow! Hand-holding doesn't ever get any better than 
that, does it, Dear Reader? May we realize this: It's impossible to hold hands without being near one another!!!

No comments: