Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Eyes on Me!

In October 2013, my husband and I spent several days at Pipestem Resort State Park in West Virginia. Each morning and evening, several deer grazed quietly on the lush green grass outside our room in the lodge. Whenever we opened the sliding glass door, they would come right up to the patio, eager for food. Though they were wary of us, they stayed nearby, watching our every movement, as the doe is doing in this picture I took.



I thought about that experience with the deer as I read (two years later) the Jan. 20th devotional in The Listening Heart by Judy Gordon Morrow.  Each devotional in that wonderful book is a summary of what she sensed God saying to her as she talked with Him each morning about the challenges she was facing. For that day’s devotional, she’d written about how she sensed Him urging her to stay focused on Him, to watch and wait to see how He would help her with all the difficulties she was facing. “…eyes on Me, ears attuned to My voice, hearts willing to obey.”

That, Dear Reader, is excellent advice for you and me. Our Father will help us with our challenges, with our “overwhelm,” just as He helped her! Be glad about that. Thank Him. Watch and wait expectantly. And continue to thank Him for His love and help. 

…fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed,
for I am your God:
I will strengthen you,
I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10, ESV

No comments: