Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Which Way?

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 
"I am the LORD your God, 
who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.”
Isaiah 48:17, ESV


Since I have a difficult time making decisions, even simple ones, I notice (and photograph!) directional signs that offer a variety of destinations, such as this one I discovered on Sanibel Island, Florida in 2009.


Rarely, for me, are decisions as simple as A or B? 1 or 2? Left or right

Instead, I see a myriad of possibilities, as on the sign, and I try to evaluate each one. If I take this route, thus and so might happen. If I choose this, then the result will be….

Because of my angst with decision making, I love Bible verses that assure me God will guide me down the paths He thinks best for me. A particularly favorite passage is Isaiah 30:20-21, ESV, “…but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.”


That’s exactly the kind of clear direction I need! Do you need that clarity, too, Dear Reader? If so, let’s learn to listen carefully. He is with us. He is speaking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have such a hard time with decisions too! Love this!