Monday, January 21, 2019

I’m Beginning to “Get It”

It seems that everything I read here lately reminds me that I am being cared for by One far greater than I. (I wrote about that in yesterday's post on 1-20-2019.) This afternoon, while I was reading in Amy Carmichael’s wonderful book, Thou Givest...They Gather, I came to these words:
Did you ever fear a little as you thought of the difficulties ahead? Did you ever think, “The Lord Jesus has so many to take care of, how will He have time to think of me?” We have the answer to such thoughts here [Revelation 1:16-17]. It is the Hand that holds the seven stars (the seven churches, all the worlds and the Heaven of heaven) it is that Hand that is laid upon each one of us, and to each one the word is the same, “Fear not” (p.103).
This evening, as I was doing an assignment in The Quest: An Excursion Toward Greater Intimacy with God, one of the Scriptures the author (Beth Moore) included was Deuteronomy 33:3, which says:
A bit further down in that same chapter, I came to these words, which I’ve heard Elisabeth Elliot say hundreds of times on her radio program Gateway to Joy:
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are His everlasting arms (Deuteronomy 33:27a). 
Is it a coincidence that I’m receiving the same message from various sources? I don’t think so. I believe it is a message my Heavenly Father wants me to truly believe. Therefore, He’s allowing me to hear it again and again even though it’s expressed in slightly different words by those who recorded and then shared the words He gave them. Thankfully, the message is beginning to sink into my mind and heart. God does love me. He holds me in His mighty hand. There I am secure and have no need to fear. 

Is that a message you also need to hear, to believe, and to share with others?

No comments: