Sunday, January 27, 2019

It's Not All Up to Me!

Anytime I'm struggling to do something that's a challenge for me (which is quite often!), the Holy Spirit brings to my mind these comforting words spoken by God centuries ago:
After being reminded that the outcome does not depend on me alone, I relax a little. I keep doing my best, of course, but I don't feel as desperate to make things work out. I realize that God's in charge of everything, including me, and that He will "perfect that concerns me," as David says in Psalm 138:8, NKJV.

Note: Other versions translate that truth in various ways. The New Living Translation says, "The LORD will work out his plans for my life." The English Standard Version says, "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me." The New American Standard Bible says, "The LORD will accomplish what concerns me."

The bottom line, however, is: The Lord is in charge of me. He will take care of me. Therefore, I can fully trust Him--and I do! You, Dear Reader, can do the same.

No comments: