Monday, January 28, 2019

Out of... Into...

I love the old hymns for they remain as true today as when they were written many years--sometimes centuries--ago. Since I can't always remember ALL the words, I like to locate them in a hymnal or on the Internet and either sing them or simply say the words out loud.

I especially like the hymns that sound like prayers. One of my favorites is Out of My Bondage, Sorrow, and Light*. I hope you're familiar with it. If not, you can hear it here.

I hope you, too, will offer this prayer to Jesus:
"Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night, Jesus, I come. Jesus, I come. Into Thy freedom, gladness, and light, Jesus, I come to Thee."

You, too, may want (and need!) to come out of your sickness and into the health Jesus can give, out of earth's sorrows into His balm, out of life's storms and into His calm, out of distress to jubilant psalm...

When we come to Him, He gives us what we so desperately need but can't obtain on our own. He is our Source for every blessing and the Solution to every problem. Oh, Dear One, let's run to Him!

*William T. Sleeper, 1887