Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Lessons from a 5K: #4--Give Thanks for the One Who Walks Beside You

Note: This is the fourth in a series of posts. Click here to read the previous one.

As soon as my daughter finished running the 3.1 miles, she used the Find Friends app on her cell phone to see where I was and then ran to me. 

"I'm so happy to see you!" I said. "I really do need someone to walk with me for my legs feel like rubber bands."

We finished the last mile or so together. Just having her right beside me--and the law enforcement officer in his vehicle right behind us--removed much of my fear of falling and made the final leg of the race so much more pleasant. As I struggled up the last hill, Jena said, "The rest of the course is easy. You can do this!"


When we reached the FINISH line, I said, "Let's get someone to take our picture." I certainly wanted her to be with me in the picture for I don't know if I would have made it without her love and support.

Lesson #4: Even the hardest "course" through life is made easier by those who love us and willingly walk beside us. Sometimes we're the one who needs such a friend. Sometimes we can be the friend someone else desperately needs.




No comments: