Saturday, February 2, 2019

Seek to Serve

Employees at a fast food restaurant I enjoy smile at every customer and say, “Thank you for choosing Chick-fil-A. How may I serve you?” 

As I reflect on that, I realize that the “How may I serve you?” question is an excellent one you and I can ask as we encounter people throughout the day. What does this person need? Assistance? Encouragement? Rest? Money? Am I able to provide that? Do I know someone who can?

Although choosing to serve others requires something of us, it is the right thing to do. Jesus taught us that. He temporarily gave up the glories of heaven to come to this earth to live among needy and sinful people like you and me in order to show us how to love and serve while we're here and to provide the way for us to live eternally in Heaven with Him. 

The Bible says, “He came not to be served, but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many” (Matthew 20:28).

His mission was to serve others, and He did. So should we.


No comments: