Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Don't Muddle the Message!

When a magazine editor complimented me on a column I'd submitted, I thanked him for encouraging me. Then I said: 
 This week, while listening to an interview with Joanna Weaver, I heard her say: "Writing is one of the hardest things I do."
I agree! I love to write, and I do write hundreds (sometimes thousands) of words a day, most of which I never share. 
But when it's time to write something for publication or posting, I really struggle and pray hard before, during, and after!
If I were writing fiction or poetry, etc., I wouldn't be nearly as concerned with "getting it right." But since I'm trying to share as best I can what I feel GOD wants to say through me, I take that assignment VERY SERIOUSLY.
I never want to muddle the message or mislead anyone, although I'm sure I've done both. I think that's the reason I put off writing for the magazine and my blog until I absolutely have to.

In light of that, I humbly ask you, dear reader, to pray that I will write daily and well and that my writing will honor God and bless those who read. 










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I once read, Johnnie, that we shouldnt be overly concerned about our choice of words when praying aloud before others. Just talk to the Father with a sincere heart. Holy Spirit is perfectly able to use the words we have used so that each listening will hear precisely what is intended for them concerning their precise needs. An example, a sermon we listen to together at same time that we each might speak a different comment about after. Your blog many times is just what I need for comfort or to lead me to different points of learning something I should ponder. Words you have written in obedience and from your heart are forwarded as He pleases and as our Lord would have it. So write freely knowing that Holy Spirit our Comforter, our Teacher, the Spirit of our living, loving Father has "got it".

Johnnie said...

Thank you for this insightful advice. As usual, you are right! :-) Love you!