Friday, March 22, 2019

Newly-Prioritized List

When I looked at today’s TO DO list, I thought, I’ll NEVER be able to get all this done! Not in one day. Not in two. Not in three.

Immediately, I felt the all-too-familiar feelings of frustration and despair. I cried out, “Please, Father, show me what to do!” And He did, just as Proverbs 3:5-6 says He will!


He said, in essence, “Your top two priorities each and every day are to honor Me and to meet the needs of others. Do those things first, and then do other tasks as you have time.”

Image by Deedster from Pixabay.com
I immediately looked at my list and prioritized the tasks according to what He had said. Now that’s He’s made it clear to me what to do first and second and ..., I no longer feel defeated and stressed. As soon as I finish writing this (which is one of the tasks I do to honor Him and to minister to others), I’ll get up and begin the next thing on my newly-prioritized list. Throughout the day, I’ll continue to work calmly and confidently.

Wisdom from the Word
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on [DO NOT RELY ON, DO NOT TRUST IN] your own understanding [INSIGHT]; [BUT] in all your ways acknowledge Him [SEEK HIS WILL, SUBMIT TO HIM, KNOW HIM] and He shall direct your paths [SHOW YOU / MAKE PLAIN WHICH PATHS TO TAKE] .
Proverbs 3:5-6, NKJV

Note: When I’m trying to better understand what a verse means, I type it from one translation and then use www.blueletterbible.com to see how other versions translate it. I add those additional insights (typed in ALL CAPS) to the translation I used initially. This takes time and looks a bit messy, but it helps me better understand the verse(s). Perhaps you’d like to try that????





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shared with Jack as he is sitting here adding something to his list for today.