Saturday, March 2, 2019

Our Eyes Are on You

Feeling overwhelmed? Thinking there's no way you're going to make it through all the things that are coming toward you? Have no idea what you're going to do?

Such struggles aren't new. In fact, just this week while reading chapter 20 in the Old Testament book of 2 Chronicles, I learned that Jehoshaphat (the king of Judah) felt that way. He'd been told that a huge army was marching toward Jerusalem (where he lived). He knew that, apart from divine intervention, there was no way he and his people would survive the attack.

So the king and all the people turned to God for help. King Jehoshaphat's entire prayer is so beautiful. (I encourage you to read all of it.) But I'm going to memorize the words in verse 12 so that I can repeat them to God the next time I feel overwhelmed by the things that are coming at me. Perhaps you'd like to do the same.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayed this as I start this morning, overwhelmed. Thank you.

Johnnie said...

This is a wonderful prayer for every situation, isn't it? I'm so glad the Holy Spirit directed me to it and prompted me to use it--and to encourage others to use it, too.